Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Weekly Dose of Weight Watchers

"I can eat this thank you very much!" It is a statement that I find myself making more often then not. Expecially when I am around people who know that I am on Weight Watchers, but yet do not fully understand the concept behind the program.

This weeks meeting was about eating foods you love and not depriving yourself. I do not have a problem with that! What I do have a problem with is calculating the points into the day without going over my limit. Which is something I can strive to achieve this week and in the weeks to come.

At weigh-in today I was down 2.2lbs! I was excited. I have only 3.8lbs until I reach my next goal of 60lbs lost. I cannot wait! I am excited for my new pair of running shoes (which I still need to research!).

Here are my updated stats for the week....
Starting weight: 276.4
Current weight: 220.2
Loss to date: 56.2
In our weekly WW booklet they had a recipe for "Oven-fried Paprika Chicken Cutlets", and I made them tonight. They turned out great, and were rather enjoyable!

1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tbsp sweet paprika, divided
15 saltine crackers (I used a little more)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (four 4oz thin pieces)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges

Preheat broiler and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Place yogurt and 1 teaspoon of paprika in a small shallow bowl; mix to combine. Combine cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining 2 teaspoons of paprika on a large shallow pie plate; stir to combine. Place each chicken cutlet in yogurt mixture and turn to coat. Next, place chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides and pressing lightly to make crumbs stick.

Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source until golden brown and cooked through, flipping once, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. To serve, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges.

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't gotten your shoes yet...go to a running store. My sister runs and took me into a running store. I told the guy how my current shoes wore and where my feet hurt. He brought out one pair of shoes. I tried them on and haven't took them off since. (not literally) He did say to bring them in a 300 miles for a new pair. Well I'm way overdue for a new pair, but they still fit like a glove. He knew what he was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I will check one out. There is one about 10 miles from my house. I have not gotten them yet...still 3.8 pounds to go before I am "allowed" to buy them! lol

    I found a pair I like, but I would still like to have all my options!

    ReplyDelete