Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Half Way There!

Its hard to believe some days that it has been 6 months since I started my weight loss journey, but other days it feels like it just drags on and on! :) But all in all it has been an awesome experience, and I am so thrilled about how far I have come!

I am seriously so excited that in 6 months time I have been able to commit to this journey and lose this much weight! I feel like it just fell off! I hope that in the next 6 months as I continue down this path that losing the other half of my goal will feel this easy!

I am so proud of myself too. And I should be! I have done so much and it has made a huge difference in my life. Not only to I look healthier, but I feel healthier too. I have participated in a 5k marathon for the first time. I have joined a gym and can run a mile without stopping. And I have gained confidence in myself! Hot-dang, I'm doing GREAT!!!

Today at weigh-in I stepped on the scale a little nervous. I had not done so well over the weekend, because I chose not to do well. I had pizza (many slices) and a huge banana split on Saturday, and a whole pound of turkey sloppy joes and smores on Sunday!! So by Sunday night I felt so disgusting and bloated it wasnt funny, that Monday I decided to take an exlax, but nothing happened! :/

Well the scale read: 224.2!
Mean that I was down 2.8 pounds from last week!
I was soooo happy that I could have screamed and jumped out of my skin. But, I have come so far and I feel great. I am excited for the next few months. :)

Week 1 - 276.4lbs
Week 26 - 224.2lbs

7 comments:

  1. You should feel great because you are keeping to your goal - no matter what- keep it up I get so excited when I see that you have posted a new blog because you are honest about every step you make- thre good and the bad. People need to hear that especially women, who struggle with their weight. You should publish your blog on a bigger scale I bet you could inspire more people that you know. Do you mind if I post your logon my fb page?
    Ms A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! All of the changes that you have made in your lifestyle have definitely paid off. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita! Thanks! Maybe one day? Sure...I dont mind if you paste it on your page!

    Sarah! Thank you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is amazing. I'm so happy to have found your blog because it keeps me so motivated. Way to go! Keep making those good choices and you will be at your next goal in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ordinary Gal - Thank you! I'm glad I can help motivate you (and many others). But knowing that I am motivating others makes me feel motivated so it just keeps going! ;) And it feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very proud of you! I need to have your motivation. Keep up the good work! God's blessings to you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on your weight loss! That's incredible!!

    Jennifer
    http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete