Wednesday, August 11, 2010

5k and 10k Race Days!

Okay...I do not normally run. But I have been running a mile at the gym on a pretty regular basis. And I have recently had the bright idea to sign up for a 5k AND a 10k race in November!!

I'm pretty excited, but a little nervous because I have no idea how to train for these events! They are not until November so I have some time to prepare, but I would love some feedback on how to train!

The first race is the 10k Hobbler Gobbler on November 13 in Oswego, IL. And the second race is the 5k Turkey Trot on November 25 in Naperville, IL.

Let me know what ya'll do to prepare!

2 comments:

  1. "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
    - George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I do to train, is map out a schedule for my runs, other workout etc. runnersworld.com has the smartcoach which is pretty good to get you started with a training schedule. Just run when you can run & walk when you need to walk. You;ll get there!

    ReplyDelete