Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Turkey and All it's Friends...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Two days ago, (actually Thanksgiving) I woke up early and ran the Naperville Turkey Trot 5k! I ran it in 38 minutes and 50 seconds! Thats an improvement from my last 5k by 5 minutes and 56 seconds! And, since  I have been working and rehearsing for my upcoming play, I havent been running! I was so,so happy to have made this improvement on top of running the first mile without stoping!


















It was freezing (thankfully not snowing!) but totally worth it! I knew it would be cold so I went to the Nike sotre the night before the run and bought a new hat and gloves! And my friend Kevin ran the race with me too...well he ran ahead of me, but it was nice starting the race out together!
It's so weird to look back and think that a year ago at this time I was in no condition to be running, let alone not having the will power or motivation to even attempt to. It is a huge accomplishment for me to have even participated in this race. And even more encouraging to know that I am only about 2 minutes and 40 seconds away from having a 10 minute mile (which I havent done since 2003)!

After the race I felt so energized I could have kept going! But instead I went home to make my first Thanksgiving dinner! It was great! And took most of the reciepes from the Weight Watchers website! We had everything! Although my favorite was the 3pt pumpkin pie! :)


Once we finished dinner unfortunatly I had to go to bed to get in a few zzz's before the big "Midnight Madness" Sale at the mall I work in. I took a 3 hour nap before beginning my long night 9pm - 9am. One day I will no longer have to work retail and I will never have to be an abused labour ever again (a girl can dream cant she?).  

Looking ahead to this next week, I am excited and nervous for all of the events that will be happening throughout this week. First off, I doubt if I will have any gym time this week because I have dress rehearsal for my upcoming show everyday. Secondly, Weight Watchers is changing their entire point system. And thirdly, I do have 3 shows this weekend. On top of that I have to work, and I have family coming into town. Bah, what a week. Like I said though, I am very excited, just have to take it one step at a time so I fight the nervousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment