Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Every year around this time I take a few moments out to reflect on the past year and to dream for the year to come. I take a day and thank the Lord for keeping me safe and for blessing me. And this year seems to have brought about the most change in quite some time!

On November18, 2009, just two days before my birthday, I was T-Boned. This seemingly freak accident began a sequence of life altering, God moments. The following month to two months brought about changes that would not only affect my immediate future, but the years to come as well.

Last December I had the opportunity to attend a conference in Kansas City. Knowing I was bound for this event in only a matter of days, I decided to talk to God. As I stood in my bathroom, I told God that He could have all of me; that He could do whatever needed to be done. That is always a dangerous prayer to pray. God always listens, and boy did He answer.

During the conference my life was changed on the inside, sparking a wave of change on the outside. January hen rolled around quickly and I started thinking that if my insides are going to change, so should my outsides. That’s when I began researching the Lap Band procedure. Thankfully my doctor suggested a different route.

So on February 9, 2010, I officially joined Weight Watchers. I also officially began my weight loss journey, as well as the journey to self discovery.

Here is a picture of my 22nd Birthday....












 Here is a picture of my 23rd Birthday....
    
What a difference just one year can make! :)

I have discovered so much about myself on this journey I have been on and I am thrilled to continue down this path I am on. There is never a dull moment and it seems the more I am challenged the more I am able to learn and grown in every aspect of life.

A few nights ago I took a poll on my Weight Watchers Bulletin Board about what type of cake I should make...and the over whelming choice was to make a cake that was home and not quite so WW friendly point wise. So I decided to make this.....

It was amazing and worth every point! And I only had one normal size piece! :) I only wish you could have seen and tasted this bad boy in person! Even better.....

Also I would just like to take a quick moment to say thank you for all of your support and encouragement throughout this journey. Without you on my support team this could be a very difficult accomplishment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! mine is tomorrow!

    The pictures are great, congrats on al the weigh you've lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie! Happy Birthday to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete