Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A little of this and a little of that...

I'm not really sure where to begin this blog. I have a lot on my mind...some good and some...well, you get the picture.

I guess there's no better place to start than at this weeks weigh-in. I gained 1.6 pounds this week! Naturally I was upset, but I think I was more disappointed than I had been with past gains. I know that I had eaten as well as I could with the circumstances the week previous had presented me, but obviously not hitting the gym or the trails was a major set back. And as hard as I have tried yesterday and today, I have gone over my points limits (and I'm sure my weekly limits).

Not to sound like a complainer, but I worked 48 hours at my regular, PART-TIME job; 12 hours at my nanny job and 7 hours of rehearsal (see below). That’s almost 70 hours of non-stop motion, does that not count as exercise? Not to mention that most of the work was unplanned, meaning unplanned lunches and dinners....so I did the best I could. Making the healthiest choices possible, from Subway to grilled chicken and veggies at the food court! (I do have to make a side-note, thanking the people I work with (you know who you are) for providing these healthy meals, seeing as I could not leave the store myself. So, THANK YOU!)

Okay! A more positive note, I ran a 5k on Sunday, September 26! And I placed 854th out of 979 people! With a completion time of 44 minutes! I ran a 14 minute mile! My personal best, I was so happy to have seen that I shaved 23 minutes off of the last 5k I did in May (1 hour and 7 minutes). I also plan on signing up and running a 5k on November 6, November 25 and a 10k on November 13!

On September 20, I auditioned for a play with the Oswego Playhouse, and I got the part! :) I am playing Doris Walker in Miracle on 34th Street. We have been rehearsing on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and it has been so much fun. I have met some great people, and hope that I will be able to continue with them!

So my train of thought has been derailed for the time being, so that's all the update I have for now. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. It's much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment