Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Body Is a Temple

"All things are possible to me. I am a believer. I can do all things through the anointing, the burden removing, yoke destroying power of God. I am transformed by the Word of God. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit Who lives in me. I was bought by the blood and death of Jesus on the Cross. I honor God and bring glory to God through my body. Like a boxer I handle my body roughly and with discipline. I will not be mastered by my body, but rather I master my body to bring glory to God. The Spirit of the Lord is in me and brings me liberty. I am free from the bondage of fleshly desires. I present my body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable, pleasing to God. This is my reasonable service and worship to God. I prove and demonstrate God's will by managing my body correctly. Patience is completing and perfecting me so that I lack nothing. My God is not my stomach. My mind is not on earthly things. I glorify God in my eating and drinking. God is for me and He is freely giving me every good thing. I love God with all of my heart, mind, and strength. I overwhelmingly conqueror through Jesus." (http://freebibleemail.com/the_word/weight_loss_and_self_control)

For many years I have struggled with self-esteem and weight-loss issues. Even now, I continue on a daily basis to struggle with insecurities of who I am and what I look like. I have tried many, many fad diets, made numerous New Year's resolutions and have failed. I have watched others succeed as I look in the mirror and am disgusted by the person I see. But, all that is about to change!

I have decided that I am going to take a different approach to shedding these needless and unwanted pounds. The first change that I am making is this blog. I have decided not to go on this journey alone. I am making a commitment to being open and honest each week about the journey that I am walking no matter what it looks like.

The second thing that I am doing differently than the other attempts is prayer; lots and lots of prayer. The bible says that our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit, so why not take care of it? I know that this will not be easy but I trust my God to help lighten the load and ease the cravings.

Thirdly, I am joining WeightWatchers. This program is not a quick fix, or a program of frozen meals. WeightWatchers is designed to teach and equip you to change your lifestyle. WeightWatchers holds a meeting once a week. In these meetings you weigh-in, and discuss ways to stay on track. In additions to weekly meetings there is an online tool to help track your daily food in-take, recipes and exercise tools.

Next week I will post my first blog after joining WeightWatchers. Please keep checking back to see my progress. I will need your support and your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment