Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Emotional Eating

For many years, as you know, I have struggled with my weight. But this year 2010, I plan on taking control of this issue once and for all. And one way I plan on doing that is discovering different things about myself and changing the way I look at things.

I saw a commercial today and it said " You eat when you're happy. You eat when you're sad. You eat when you're bored.....". I felt like they were specifically talking to me! But I would continue to add that I eat when I'm angry, I eat when I'm frustrated. I eat when my heart is broken.

I think that I have been "eating" my problems aways since I was young! Food was my comfort, my best and only friend. I turned to it whenever life let me down, whenever I felt alone.

I relize as I look back that I would eat in secret. I felt ashamed of my eating habits and of how much I would eat. I felt like I was too fat and that I didnt deserve to eat, so I would hide food and eating. I would sneak out to the fridge or hide food in my drawers. Whatever it was it was mine, and it could make me feel better.

This week I did not emotionally eat. However, I'm not sure if I was really presented with the opportunity to emotionally eat. I think that I was on an adrenaline high from starting with weight watchers.

But emotional eating and comfort food is most deffinatly what got me to where I am in the first place. Now I have to learn to control my habits and my emotions so that I can get out of this obese state of being that I have been stuck in for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment